Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Special Assignment #1

1. I was not aware of WolframAlfa.
2. This is the first time I have ever heard of Google Squared.
3. 22.8%
4. 25.4%
5. I think its crazy how many more people they have in India and China than we do in the U.S.  It's hard to believe that India will soon overtake China in population.
6. I think these two sources will be very useful for students.  Rather than having to look up each country individually, you can now just type them in and it gives you your comparison and does the math for you.  I can see where something like this would very helpful in trying to write a research paper or using it in a class to compare different things in front of your students.  It could be a great teaching tool.

2 comments:

  1. You are correct. the power lies in providing comparative results to a single query.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed doing this assignment, even though I really did not get the entire point of the post. I'm glad to know someone figured it out correctly. Great Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete